Click on any flyer to enlarge
Somerset Public Library Closed
Until Further Notice
We will let our patrons know when we plan to reopen as soon as possible.
To reach someone at the library, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 508-646-2829.
* You can access our online resources here
* You can apply for an online card if you do not already have one in the SAILS network here.You will not need to visit the library to get a permanent card until August 1, 2020.
* You can apply for a Boston Public Library e-card to access their online services here
* There will be no fines generated on late items while the library is closed.
* If your library card was set to expire while we were closed, your new expiration date is now September 1, 2020, allowing you to continue accessing online resources.
Curbside Promotional Information
The Somerset Public Library is pleased to announce that we are offering curbside pick-up service of library materials until we can reopen our doors to the public.
You can check the online catalog here. We can also check to see if a particular title is available for you or you can tell us the types of items that you like and we can choose some for you.
You can submit your request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 508-646-2829, or place a hold online through the catalog. We will need the title(s) that you are looking for or types of items, your name, phone number and library card number.
Library materials will be checked out to your card in advance of pick-up and banded with a rubber band.
A pick-up time will be scheduled for you. All pick-up times are 15 minutes apart from one another, and will be on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The pick-up location will be alongside the building on the North side. This is the side that is next to the Old Town Hall. There will be a sign indicating where you can wait.
Please wear a face mask at the time of pick-up. Our staff member will also wear a mask.
A staff person will come out to you at your assigned time and ask you the name of the person for whom you are receiving the items. We will not need to see your i.d. or library card when you arrive.
Friends or family members can pick up for others.
Please do not hand returning items to the staff person. These can go in the book drop.
We reserve the right to not provide service to anyone who jeopardizes the safety of the staff and other patrons.
We are unable to perform any other library services at this time (photocopying, answering reference questions, etc.).