Click on any flyer to enlarge
Somerset Public Library Closed Until Further Notice
COVID-19 Update: For the health and well-being of our community, the library will be closed to all patrons and staff until further notice.
Per Governor Baker's order of March 31, all nonessential businesses in the Commonwealth have been advised to close, effective until May 4, 2020. As such, the Somerset Public Library is temporarily closed to the public. While we have been working to find ways to continue to provide service to our patrons, the health of our patrons and staff is our utmost concern.
Staff will check the library email accounts and will respond as quickly as possible. For general email questions, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also leave a phone message at 508-646-2829 and someone will return your call.
Please also check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/somersetpubliclibrary.
* You can access our online resources
* You can apply for an online card if you do not already have one in the SAILS network
You will not need to visit the library to get a permanent card until two months afterwards instead of the usual three weeks.
* You can apply for a Boston Public Library e-card to access their online services
* Any items that you have out at this time have had their due dates extended to June 4, 2020. You can still return items in our book drop if you choose to do so.
* There will be no fines generated on late items while the library is closed.
* Any items that you may have on hold at this time have had their pick-up dates extended to May 15, 2020.
* You can still place holds on items, but they will not be filled until delivery has been restored and the library is reopened. We don't know when that will be at this time.
* If your library card was set to expire in March or April of 2020, your new expiration date is now July 1, 2020, allowing you to continue accessing online resources.